Friday 20 May 2011

Limited options

I think we've already established in this blog that I am not very adventurous when it comes to food. It is unusual for me to try something new, but it does occasionally happen. For instance, I sometimes order my Veggie Delite at Subway in a wrap rather than on Italian herbs and cheese. Crazy, I know!

Of course, one can only do those sorts of things at restaurants that are willing to embrace very limited changes in their clients' regular orders. If you were such a person, imagine how excited you would be if you saw this:


Oooo, the possibilities!
Any portion of kebab, they say! You start wondering if maybe you should go beyond your normal order of lamb. Perhaps they have chicken kebab! Beef kebab! Offal kebab! (Which is in fact the Latin name for all types of kebab, regardless of what meat they're meant to be formed from.) The possibilities suddenly seem endless. And then you see this:
Oh, OK. I guess I'll have lamb again then.

No comments:

Post a Comment